RESTARTING CHURCH SERVICES
We are delighted to inform you that we have restarted our face to face church services to worship our Lord and be in the company of our church family and visitors. As we prepare for these times together, we ask that you please read through the important guidelines below before arrival at the church.
We want to ask that everybody approaches our proposed Sunday services with a spirit of flexibility as we find our feet in doing things in a brand new way. We encourage you to “go with the flow” with the various new elements that are needing to be implemented at this time.
• The movement of people on a Sunday morning will be confined to the auditorium, the disability toilet and the boardroom area. Please do not enter into any other area of the church premises so that potential cross-contamination is avoided and the burden on our church cleaners is alleviated.
• We urge you to follow Government Health Directives when deciding on whether or not to attend in-person services. Each person is responsible for their own choice in balancing the risks involved in attending services.
• Our Kidz Church program will restart on Sunday 4 October.
• Our COVID Safe Worship Plan allows for a maximum of 50 people to attend a service. Please advise Rev Iris Marais via sms or email of your intention to attend so that we don’t have to turn anyone away at the door.
Contact details: email@example.com OR SMS 0432 067 227
• Stay home if you are sick
• If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, please get tested
• Stay 1.5 metres away from each other —think two big steps
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or hand sanitizer before arrival
• Sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue. Then put the tissue into the bin and re-sanitise your hands.
Please do not
• Go near people if you are coughing (excluding asthma coughs) or sneezing
• Touch your mouth, nose and eyes
• Shake hands
• Hug or kiss people
• We are required to record attendees and usher you to your seat. This will take a bit of extra time upon arrival. Once seated, please remain seated in your allocated chair and do not change seats. Unfortunately moving around the church and chatting with friends is not an option.
• Please practice physical distancing of 1.5 meters in the church and in the car park.
• Please arrive at 8:50am for a 9am start.
• Please note that the windows and doors in the auditorium will be left open for ventilation during the service and air conditioners will be left off. You are encouraged to wear warm clothing suitable for the day.
• Communion will recommence on Sunday 4 October.
• There will be no morning tea initially. Please disperse to your vehicles after worship. Having morning tea with family or friends at a nearby coffee shop or inviting a friend over are personal choices at this stage. We encourage you to follow the COVID safe directives.
• Donations of cash may be made at the door.
• You are encouraged to bring your own face-mask and wear it during church services.
It is a blessing to be able to meet together again to worship our Lord Jesus. The process will feel strange initially as we find our new rhythm over the coming weeks. We hope the new normal will become more familiar over time.
We ask you to please express your love for your fellow congregation members by following the above guidelines which will enable us to attend church with the lowest possible chance of picking up COVID-19. None of us can afford to contract this disease and our primary concern is for people’s safety.
We look forward to seeing you and hosting you at our services.
Your Covid Safety Team
We are excited to let you know you can join us online! Please visit our website each week to hear our weekly sermon on YouTube. Our YouTube Channel can be found by clicking on this link: Living Faith Uniting Church YouTube Channel
Alternatively, LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE for up to date information and access to sermons: Living Faith Uniting Church Facebook Page
Connect with us face to face in our Church Online Meetings "Coffee Lounge Ministry"
KEEP UP TO DATE
Register to receive Living Faith Uniting Church's weekly newsletter containing all our latest updates on events, courses, services and more!! Send your email contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our weekly newsletter. Click here for current and archived newsletters, Living Faith Uniting Newsletters.
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)
Living Faith Uniting Church is a community-based church that seeks to share God’s love with others. We believe that God meets us in our vulnerabilities and brokenness, and that as we surrender our lives to Him, He brings about healing and transformation in our lives and circumstances.
Please feel free to join us as we journey through life together, helping each other to find purpose and meaning through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
There are various ways to connect with us. Feel free to visit us for our Sunday morning services at 9:00am. Our welcome team would love to introduce you to the minister, Rev Iris Marais and other members of our community. Alternatively, call our office if you would like to access pastoral care services or if you would like an appointment to see our minister.
We hold various events and programs during the year. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in receiving our monthly newsletter which outlines all of our activities, programs and upcoming events.
We look forward to your questions and company should you be interested in connecting with us.
Our Vision and Mission
Our Vision and Mission as a Christian Church is:
“We are a living witness, shining the light of Jesus Christ to bring FAITH, HOPE and LOVE to the community”